Creative Classroom Grants
Creative Classroom Grants
Valuing our Public Schools
TCSEF Creative Classroom Grants
Now more than ever is a critical time to focus on the value of our public schools. By serving our students, teachers, and administrators, we provide a way for people to invest in the value of education.
Many programs, activities and educational opportunities are surpassed by many funding revenues. We work with our schools to fund programs that would otherwise be eliminated. These programs are important assets because they help create globally prepared students, that will now have a higher rate of success in the ever changing 21st century.
TCSEF helps promote and solicit contributions and distribute funds as a supplement resource to teachers and staff of Transylvania County Schools. All teachers, staff and administration of TCS can apply for a TCSEF grant at the beginning of each school year. Grants are selected by a committee of TCSEF Board Members and awarded as a resource to maintain, advance and enrich public education in our county’s public school system.
Transylvania County Schools Educational Foundation (TCSEF) has announced that the application process for 2021-2021 Creative Classroom Grants is open as of October 2020.
- Applications are due Friday, Dec. 4, 2020 at midnight.
- Grants will be awarded in early 2021
- Due to the times and circumstances, TCSEF has limited funds available for this round of Creative Classroom grants.
- An additional $4300 is available to enrich classrooms, send students to Close Up Washington, scholarships for alumni and support for teacher leadership initiatives.
- All teachers and staff employed with Transylvania County Public Schools are eligible to apply for grants.
- Winners will have 18 months to use awarded funds.
- The grant committee is looking forward to seeing what creative ideas teachers and staff come up with this year!
To read about the 2018/2019 grant recipients click here.
The Transylvania County Schools Educational Foundation (TCSEF) exists to promote, develop, and encourage public and private support of the Transylvania County Schools (TCS) and its goals for education. TCSEF solicits contributions of any kind that benefit the students and the graduates of TCS.
By providing financial support for programs and projects that are not funded through government revenues, TCSEF is a leading resource for helping to preserve, maintain, advance and enrich public education in Transylvania County.
Where do you find a grant application?
Grant applications are available for download and publicized to teachers and staff during September of each school year.
Who Can Apply for TCSEF Grants?
Teachers and Staff employed with Transylvania County Schools.
When are awarded grants announced?
Grants are announced in January of each school year.
How long do we have to use grant money?
You have 18 months from date awarded to use grant money.