TCSEF has announced that the application process for the 2021-2022 Creative Classroom Grants is open as of October 2020.
Every year, Transylvania County Schools Educational Foundation (TCSEF) distributes grants to educators across Transylvania County. Our teachers, administrators, and sometimes even students, have incredible ideas that deserve to be implemented in classrooms, but it can be a challenge to find funding. TCSEF’s Creative Classroom Grants works to remove the cost barrier so that these creative ideas take place in classrooms.
By providing financial support for programs and projects that are not funded through government revenues, TCSEF is a leading resource for helping to preserve, maintain, advance and enrich public education in Transylvania County. Unfortunately due to times and circumstances we have limited funds available but we look forward to seeing how we can support the creativity of TCS students, teachers, and staff this year! Here’s what applicants for the 2021-2022 Creative Classroom Grants need to know:
- Applications are due Friday, Dec. 4, 2020 at midnight.
- Grants will be awarded in early 2021.
- Due to the times and circumstances, TCSEF has limited funds available for this round of Creative Classroom grants.
- An additional $4300 is available to enrich classrooms, send students to Close Up Washington, scholarships for alumni and support for teacher leadership initiatives.
- All teachers and staff employed with Transylvania County Public Schools are eligible to apply for grants.
- The Grant Application can be found here.
- Winners will have 18 months to use awarded funds.
- The grant committee is looking forward to seeing what creative ideas teachers and staff come up with this year!
To read about the 2018/2019 grant recipients click here.