CareersAvailable Job Openings
Executive Director (part-time)
Transylvania County Schools Educational Foundation (TCSEF) is seeking a part-time Executive Director experienced in leading a non-profit organization and who is passionate about public education to lead and manage TCSEF. Candidate should be able to work independently while leading with a collaborative approach to engage key stakeholders. In this role, the Executive Director will be the frontline representative of the organization working closely with the Board of Directors, Transylvania County Schools leadership, volunteers, community partners, and donors. The Executive Director should be personally aligned with our mission and vision to ensure our team members are aligned as well to successfully achieve our strategic objectives. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success as a non-profit leader and fundraiser as well as being administratively and operationally strong. Clear and effective communication skills will also be expected. TCSEF has experienced exciting growth and we are in search of an Executive Director to steward our organization to the next level. The position is currently part-time but has the potential, with effective fundraising, to expand and grow the role to full time.
The Foundation’s mission is dedicated to the enrichment of educational opportunities for our students and efforts to support the Transylvania County School System.
TCSEF What We Do:
Transylvania County Schools Educational Foundation (TCSEF) exists to promote, develop, and encourage public and private support of the Transylvania County Schools (TCS) and its goals for education. TCSEF solicits contributions of any kind that benefit the students and the graduates of TCS. By providing financial support for programs and projects that are not funded through government revenues, TCSEF is a leading resource for helping to preserve, maintain, advance, and enrich public education in Transylvania County.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the organization ensuring positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Chair of the Board of Directors and program leads to ensure alignment with the Foundations vision and mission.
- Serve as a liaison and champion of TCSEF, creating awareness and support through speaking engagements to the community-at-large.
- Collaborate with key internal/external parties to create a comprehensive fund development plan with goals to increase philanthropic support of TCSEF’s mission.
- Build and maintain relationships with community stakeholders to promote the mission and fundraising goals of TCSEF.
- Develop and maintain donor portfolio to promote diversified revenue growth in individual giving, major gifts, grant funding, and corporate engagement.
- Manage operations budget and prepare financial reports in collaboration with Financial Chair and bookkeeper, presenting to Board of Directors as requested.
- Develop and manage all fundraising activities to include special events such as Taste of Transylvania to achieve defined fundraising goals.
- Develop an annual campaign to target board, volunteer, community, and donor support.
- Manage communications and promotions for TCSEF to include marketing, social media, and website updates in partnership with TCS’s Community Relations Coordinator.
- Assist with the development of all organization’s marketing materials to include brochures, customized donor portfolios, reports, and letters.
- Effectively communicate and report TCSEF activities and strategies to the Board of Directors and leadership of Transylvania County Schools.
- Prepare, plan, and coordinate Board of Directors and committee meetings.
- Manage and lead the TCSEF’s programs, named funds, and scholarships in coordination with program leads and committees.
- Research and write for grants to benefit Transylvania County Schools.
- Manage received grants and provide required reporting to granting organization.
- Successful donor relationship experience working with individuals, corporate, and foundation donors.
- Strong professional background in fundraising for nonprofit.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with successful grant writing background.
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proven success in developing and growing donor support through effective strategy and communication.
- Influential personality traits to promote support and funding for foundation’s mission.
Note: Equivalent documented qualifications may be considered where applicable.
Email email@example.com to apply.